Brown cow

Nung bata pa ako, lagi akong tinutukso na "negra" or "baluga" kasi maitim ako...

Hindi ko alam kung ano at paano nangyari. I was actually born with a fair complexion then eventually became "tan" (yes, im putting it in a nice way) hahahaha!

Nakakainis, I hated it! In a country like Philippines where most people are brown, people with fair complexion are usually more accepted and more liked.

I tried all sorts... from whitening lotion to whitening soaps... lahat na ginawa ko, it didn't work. Kung may pera nga lang talaga magpapa bleach ako eh. I remember my mom would always tell me that people from the West would die to have my brown skin, but I didn't listen. And I was getting big time frustrated.

Just this lately, I have learned to appreciate my own color. I have learned that there are some people dying from skin cancer just to have it. I have learned to live with it, and embrace it...
I am actually more comfortable with it now... I don't really care what other people think.

I just realized that being brown is beautiful!

5 have spoken:

onatdonuts said...

tama...don't waste your time thinking about what other people would think about you. naks! haha

ok naman ang kayumangging kaligatan, hehehe

I'm back :-)

lucas said...

always remember that YOU ARE NOT YOUR SKIN! :)

Anonymous said...

naku girl, nagkakandarapa ang mga puti na magbilad sa araw just to have a bronze skin like ours. kaya be proud! hindi lahat ng mapuputi ay maganda. haha. subukan mong paitimin ang mga yan, papanget sila for sure. at least ang mga kayumanggi, maganda na talaga. hehe.

never talaga akong nagwish na pumuti. proud morena ako forever!!!! hehe. tama si ron, you are not your skin.

Toni said...

@onats
yeah proud na ako sa skin color ko! hahahaha!

@ron
ok i'll remember that! thanks!

@joshy
yeah sis...we are beautiful inside and out! hahaha!

Roland said...

b4 gusto ko sa girl yung mapuputi... but when i met my wife... mas na-appreciate ko mga girls with fair complexion... mas classing, mas may dating!

real beauty cant be seen with our very eyes.